Tuesday, January 28, 2020

BULLY ATTACKS- written by Shwetha


It was a fine day at Mercer Middle School in Loudoun County. The breeze was gently playing with students’ hair as they rushed out of the buildings to find their respective buses and scramble to find a seat. But even in this huge party that kids’ feet played in, you could see amongst them a girl who walked alone. No one dared to talk to her. Why?

Well, she was a bully. A bully who didn’t talk to anyone.
A bully who looked like an angel. A bully who went by the name of Sophie Wood.

As soon as I stepped into Mercer, two student council members greeted me warmly and started to lead me to the front office, so that I could get my books and my schedule. As we walked past silent corridors, one of the members asked me what my name was. I said that my name was Agatha Diaz and that I had just moved from New York City. Hardly had the words come out from my mouth when we heard footsteps. Rounding the corner and having a mean smirk on her face, a girl with light, blonde hair, bright emerald-colored eyes, and freshly painted aqua nails that glistening in the light. She had on a designer dress that was till her knees. Who is this girl?

Both the council members’ knees started shivering. They both said in a shaky voice, “Um, Sophie, we did nothing to you. Let us pass. Please!”

“I haven’t wasted my time for you darlings. I came for the new teenager or I should say kiddo.” She gave a big smile and slowly changed it into a smirk. “Girl, around here I am the queen and everyone is my servant, including newbies like you. Whatever I say is always done. So, if you want to settle down here, you better leave because Mercer is Sophie’s kingdom. Oh! One more thing. Don’t forget to change that lip-gloss brand. It's making me want to vomit!

She sidled away on her short black heels as the councilors gave a huge sigh of relief.

Over the past few weeks, the comments that I received from Sophie kept getting worse and worse. The teachers were also were scared of Sophie, only because she was rich and because her mother was a lawyer and her father the Secretary of State.

Finally I couldn’t take it anymore. I went to the Guidance Counselor's office for advice. Tears streamed down my eyes as I told her the events that had happened. She understood my situation and said that she would talk to the principal about it.


On Monday, when I entered school, I didn’t find Sophie next to the Art room where she usually bullied me. I shrugged and walked past the school board. Then I stopped. I walked back to the board where a note was posted. It said that Sophie was suspended from the school. Actually suspended!

With a smile on my face, I glided to my first class.

No comments:

Post a Comment