Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Katie and the giants: By Aanya Rishi


It was a lovely morning. Katie, who loved playing basketball, was practicing for her big match tomorrow. She threw the ball in the basket. but it did not go in the basket and instead went behind a large tree with large yellow, juicy fruits. She went running behind the tree to get the basketball. She saw a trapdoor; it looked old, and the hinges were rusted. She opened it and felt something sucking her inside. She fell in the trapdoor and it closed behind her.

After a while when Katie woke up, she found herself in a land with big large trees. The trees were large and had books, balls, and other things you would not find hanging on the trees usually. Katie got astonished and ran.  After a while, she got tired and sat under a tree. She saw large giants marching towards her. She got scared and ran again, but the giants caught her using a large grappling hook-like thing made out of wood and books. One of the giants picked her up on the shoulder, and all of them started marching again and were saying “BOOKS ARE WHAT WE WANT!” Katie started shouting, “Help! Help me!” 

One of the giants looked the most honest. He said, “Ok, wait, I’ll put you down but you have to tell us from where you came and what do you want from us.” 

Katie said,” I don’t know where I am, and I don’t want to stay here anymore. My basketball came rolling here, and I came to find it and got sucked in a trapdoor. Please let me go. I will never come back here ever again.” The giant believed her and took Katie to their king. The king told her not to tell anybody about them. Katie said, “Yes, I won’t reveal your secret.” The giants believed her and let her go. 

 

Written by:

Aanya Rishi

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment