Monday, August 24, 2020

To Olympus: A travelogue by Yash

To many people, Olympus is just the highest mountain in Greece, but for me, it is the next generation of architecture. Buildings everywhere you go, various armories, halls, and at last the magnificent glory, ‘The Throne Room’. How to get there you ask? Let me tell you how I went there.

Once I took on the trail for climbing Mount Olympus, in the middle, I found the ruins of a small temple, hardly 5 feet tall. When I saw the ruins for the first time, I didn’t know what to do. I looked at the carvings carefully and saw that there were a few English letters. I saw a sentence forming out of those words, ‘Open Window’. I said those words, and suddenly a whole caved in on the place I was standing. I fell into the deep cavern. After regaining consciousness, I took a look around, and there I was in the heavenly abode of Olympus. If you want a tour, you have to pay in Drachmas, a special currency. Of course, I didn’t have it, so I asked them what I had to do in order to take the tour. They said that I didn’t need to do anything special; instead, I just had to tell them any story about the gods. I used to read Percy Jackson when I was young which helped me in telling the story about how the king of gods, Zeus, saved his brothers and sisters from Kronos. 


They liked the story so much that they gave a tour to me and also 200 drachmas that are a lot.

After the tour, I went to King Zeus and asked his permission to write about my adventure once I reached back home.


Written by:

Yash Srivastav


No comments:

Post a Comment