Thursday, October 29, 2020

The mystery of the missing chocolatier: By Adviti Garg


Famous Chocolatier Goes Missing

One day, when I was busy thinking about the mystery of the missing stone, my telephone rang. It was the city inspector on the phone. He told me that the town's famous chocolatier had gone missing. The chocolatier was famous for the nice chocolates that he got from Chocolate Land. The city inspector wanted me to help in finding him. Now, I had another mystery to solve.

I thought the first place I should look for him was the chocolate land. So, I went there. When I reached there, the security guard stopped me. Only a few special people were allowed inside the Chocolate Land and they had a special card. He showed me the special card and asked, “Do you have this type of card?” I thought that if I said no, then he wouldn’t let me in. So, I told him that I had forgotten to get my card along with me. The security guard was new, and he didn’t know what to do in such a situation. He thought for a while and then he let me in.


Going Through Chocolate Land

When I entered the Chocolate Land, I was totally surprised. I just couldn’t believe my eyes! Everything in Chocolate Land was made of chocolate. Even the trees and houses in Chocolate Land were made of chocolate. The leaves of the trees were also brown because they were made of chocolate. There was also a river that had melted chocolate. I wondered if it rained in Chocolate Land, it would be so slippery here. 

 

I felt very thirsty, so I drank a little melted chocolate from the river. After drinking the melted chocolate, I realized that how much ever sweet and tasty chocolate was, nothing could take the place of water. I felt cold and started to shiver as there was no sunlight in Chocolate Land. Had the sun been there, then all the chocolate would have melted by now. 

 

While looking for chocolatier uncle, I saw a statue of him made of chocolate. I felt slightly odd because there was only his statue and statue of no other people. I thought that he was so famous that somebody made a statue of him only. I continued looking for him.

 

Meeting New Friends

  

It was a lucky day for me. While searching for chocolatier uncle, I met my favorite book characters - Joe, Beth, and Fannie with their friends - Saucepan Man, Silky, and Moonface. I did not know that they existed in real life. I was so excited to meet them.

 

Saucepan Man is always covered with kettles and pans, and he always made clanging noises when he walked. Silky was a tiny fairy. We searched together in every place. We searched in the houses, behind the trees, and many more places, but we couldn’t find chocolatier uncle. We rested for a while and then continued searching again. Joe and Beth told me about all their adventures while we were looking for chocolatier uncle. They told me about ‘The Land of Spells’ and '’The Land of Goodies’. I had fun hearing about their adventures, but the land was about to move so they had to go home. Saucepan Man noticed that he had a candle in one of his kettles. He gave the candle to me and told, “It’s getting dark. You might need this candle”. Then they left.

 

What Discovery!

 

It was starting to become dark, and I began to lose hope. I had searched for chocolatier uncle everywhere in Chocolate Land, but I still couldn’t find him. I was too tired, so I rested under the statue of chocolatier uncle. Since it was dark, I lit the candle that Saucepan Man had given me. After a few minutes, I felt a drop of chocolate on my head. I looked up and to my shock, I saw chocolate dripping from the statue itself and human fingers moving. It was then that I realized, it was not a statue. It was chocolatier uncle himself, covered in chocolate.

 

I melted all the chocolate on him using the candle’s warmth. I enquired how he got covered in chocolate and got stuck there. He told me that he had come here to get some chocolates as usual. However, the river overflooded, and all the chocolate came on him and it was so cold that he froze. I told him that everyone in town was worried about him and eagerly waiting for him to come back. He was relieved and happy to be safe.

 

Back in Town

  

When we reached back in town, the news spread like fire. The news of the town’s famous chocolatier being rescued by me came on every news channel and the local newspaper. I became very famous in the town. 

We had also brought some nice and tasty chocolates from Chocolate Land. To share his happiness with the kids, the chocolatier gave the chocolates to the children. The chocolatier thanked me profusely. I told him that it was my pleasure. It was a great experience and a fun adventure fun looking for him. 

I felt proud of myself for saving the town's famous chocolatier. All the people and children in town crowded around me for my autograph. They started nudging me for attention. Then I felt a hard nudge on my hand. It was my mom who was trying to wake me up from my dream!


Written by:

Adviti Garg

(For the StoryWritingCompetition)

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment