Monday, April 16, 2018

Magic potion- by Meghali Dutta


I am Meghali Dutta.I live in Bangalore. During summers, it’s very hot here.

This summer, only exotic drinks quench my thirst. All types of drinks such a Tropical Smoothie, Mango Milkshake are thirst quenchers on these hot summer days.

Let me tell you what happened on one such hot summer day. I was all alone at home. I was watching T.V. I felt thirsty. I searched for water everywhere but there was no water. So I thought of making juice. I looked for juice recipes. There was one with black grapes. It needed four cups of black grape juice, ¾ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp carom seeds, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 3 tsp black salt, 1 ½ tbsp. tamarind pulp and crushed ice. But I didn't have any ingredient at home. To solve this problem, I went to my neighbor’s, Harry Potter. I asked him if he could help me. He didn't have any ingredient either. So the two of us set out for an adventure. We went to Winnie the Pooh’s house. We asked him if he had any of the ingredients. But Winnie didn't have anything either. He suggested us to go to Cinderella’s. Her house was a little far and it would take us time to reach. So we decided to spend the night at Winnie’s. Since I was very thirsty, I had some water over there. The next day, we went to meet Cinderella on Harry’s broom as we were too tired to walk. We reached and were delighted to find that Cinderella had all the ingredients. She was kind enough to give us everything. I invited her to come to my house.

When we reached my house, we had to make the juice. We dry roasted all the seeds and ground it with black salt into a fine powder. We started feeling very tired after grinding the seeds. So we told the recipe to Harry’s wand and asked it to make the juice. It mixed the tamarind pulp, grape juice, ice and ground seeds in a blender. The tasty black grape juice was ready. I served it chilled to everyone.

It was a great experience on a hot summer day.


(Note: Meghali was given the genres of magic, fantasy to write a story detailing her recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment