Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Hebrew! by Dhanya

Once, the Walters family moved in as my neighbors. I went up to them and asked who they were. They were called the Hebrew brothers and their father's name was Yahweh. Their names sounded really familiar. I realized that I had read about them in a book of history. I remembered they were part of Jewish mythology. I asked if they had traveled from a faraway place. They said yes.

They were very friendly and answered everything that I asked. The 4 brothers looked the same. They told me that they were revealed to Moses as Hebrew and their father was a god of Israelites. They told me a lot more. They taught me things that the Jewish did and I taught them what Indians did. We had a lot of fun. I felt that they were engaging me to do many things. They had rented their house for
a month and only 3 days were left. I decided to go and meet them. They did something really fun; they had gone to every house in the layout and sprayed a mixture of sugar and water on the doors to attract insects. In the morning all houses were covered with insects. It was hilarious. They had done it only for fun, making sure not to disrespect their family honor.

It was their time to go. They left a bag behind with a long tube along with a letter that said, "This tube connects you to our world." They left and I visited them very frequently.

Written by:
Dhanya A.

(Editor's note: Dhanya was given a task to use a mythological concept to write a realistic story)

No comments:

Post a Comment